Tiffany & Co.
American jewelry house founded in New York by Charles Lewis Tiffany (1812-1902., on September 21, 1837, thanks to a loan of 1000 dollar granted by his father, Charles Lewis Tiffany teams up with a school friend, John P. Young, and opens a stationery and novelty items store at 259 Broadway, in New York. Experienced businessman, he understands that the new well-off bourgeoisie is ready to be attracted by luxury items. During the ten following years, he proposes a range of a few jewels and items in low-cost silver. In 1853, Monsieur Tiffany becomes the only owner and the company takes the name of Tiffany & Co.
During the 19th century, designers such as Edward C. Moore and G. Paulding Farnham as well as the renowned gemmologist George Frederik Kunz, make of Tiffany & Co one of the most important jewelers on the international scene.
After the takeover of the company by Avon Products in 1979 and the stock market introduction of the company in May 1987, Tiffany & Co successfully developed both in the US and abroad. The company owns today more than one hundred boutiques in the world.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM