French jewelry house founded in Paris in 1847, by Louis-François Cartier (1819-1904). Established rue Montorgueil (1847), rue Neuve-des-Petits-Champs (1853), then boulevard des Italiens (1859), the house joins in 1899, rue de la Paix, the most important names of the Parisian fashion, Doucet, Guerlain, Mellerio, Worth … Noted since the early 1850s by Princess Mathilde and by Empress Eugénie, Louis-François Cartier brilliantly continues his ascension. In 1874, his son Alfred (1841-1925) takes over, perpetuating by his knowledge of the materials and his desire for perfection the image of the house.
Spurred by the success of the company, Alfred decides to develop the international activity by transferring to each of his sons the management of a unit.
Today Cartier is part of the Richemont group.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM